The alligators.
We did a unit on Reptiles. Rob found this Snake Farm, and so we went to it. If you ever watch the show on TV..Dirty Jobs..He actually came to this Snake Farm and cleaned out the Rattlesnake Pit.
The kids and Rob really enjoyed this activity. I, on the other hand, was quite nervous the whole time. For some crazy reason, they allowed all their chickens and roosters roam free, and they give the kids a sack full of food. They followed us around the whole time. One time, I thought one was going to land on our heads. I was making Bella nervous by the end.
There was also a monkey that was a bit crazy and he kept chasing his tail. All of a sudden, he attacked us. Well, really his cage protected us, but I swear that monkey wanted to get us.
On that note, have any of you seen "Happy Feet"? The part where he was put inside the display (i.e. Sea World), we saw that exact image at Sea World. There were a few penguins simply staring at us and not moving. They looked like they were in a trance. Rob and I were laughing.
3 comments:
Home schooling huh? I'm sure it entails a field trip everyday. What are your credentials? I will send my kids to you.
I've seen that episode. As a matter of fact I've seen them all. Good to hear from you.
This place would have made me nervous too, I hate reptiles. My family loves Dirty Jobs and we have seen that episode. It sounds like you guys are making the best of you time there in Texas.
Post a Comment