Saturday, February 21, 2009

3rd Child.....FirstTime Dealing with Stitches

Well, we jinxed ourselves when Rob and I said Lana was going to be our first child with stitches. It finally happened. She was running, tripped, and hit her lip on our coffee table. Dang table. The blood was pouring out. Robbie was such a great help. He kept asking me, "What can I do to help?" He was pretty worried about her. After a trip to the ER, stitches, and getting ready for bed, Robbie said, "Boy she is fragile tonight." Of course, Rob was gone and enjoying great food in Vegas. As Air Force wives say, things always seem to happen when your husband is gone.

Robbie wanted to show the towel. It was pretty bloody. Lana's lip was huge. This pictures doesn't do it justice. However, she bounced back very quickly and was running around that night.

3 comments:

Brad and Jamie said...

Oh boy! I am so glad that wasn't me. That was a whole lot of blood, but cute Robbie being such a big brother and helper! Good luck with the next emergency (hopefully not anytime soon)! :)

Erin said...

Isn't that just how it goes! The bad stuff always happens when Dave is out of town, too. Makes us moms become pretty strong ladies, I think. And it also forces the oldest child to step in and help out. Glad Lana is doing okay now.

Tanner Fam said...

Poor Lana!! I always knew someone was bound to be killed by your table. That thing is a weapon!