Friday, May 8, 2009

Grandpa's Funeral

We had an unexpected trip to UT last week. Rob's grandpa passed away. We knew we wanted to be there. We packed and endured the 18 hour drive. It was worth it. Although we we were emotionally drained, we felt the love, peace, and comfort which comes with being with family and loved ones.

Before the funeral, Rob and I had the opportunity to go to the Provo, UT Temple. A huge highlight of the trip. We could feel Grandpa's presence, and the veil seemed to be a bit thinner this time around.



Grandpa was in the Air Force and loved to fly. He had his own small plane while Rob was a child. Rob loved flying with him, and I guess we can see where Rob's passion to fly comes from.


The grandsons.


Grandpa's other passion was horses. He loved them, and gratefully he was healthy enough to work with them through his older years.

4 comments:

Erin said...

So sorry to hear about the passing of Rob's Grandpa. I'm glad you were able to go back home for the funeral and enjoy your time together in the temple. It really is a place of peace and comfort.

Tanner Fam said...

Sorry about your loss. Glad you were able to get away to Utah.

Brooke said...

I'm sorry Tonya. I'm glad you were able to be there. I know being with loved ones is a huge comfort.

ETERNAL FAMILY said...

Our condolences to all the Shallenberger family. I know he is in a very special place and happy to see his beautiful family and legacy his left.