I was able to fly to Salt Lake City on Friday to celebrate our 10th anniversary. Tonya’s Parents and Brother graciously watched our children while we spent the weekend together. I arrived in the afternoon and we checked into our hotel (the Downtown Marriott with a view of the SLC Temple).
We then drove up Mill Canyon and ate at an awesome restaurant four miles up the same canyon. Tonya ordered the “Hen under brick” and I had the “Saffron Fettuccini”, we then finished up with a great dessert. We had reservations and were able to get a table on the west deck overlooking the canyon during sunset – it was an awesome dinner. After dinner we drove to my sister’s apartment at the U of U and spent a few minutes talking with her.
The next morning (after sleeping in until 8:00 a.m.) we attended a session in the Salt Lake Temple – what an amazing place! The spirit was strong and it was great being in the Celestial Room together. After the Temple we drove to the U of U and watched my sister at a soccer scrimmage before they go to North Carolina to play UNC and Wake Forest. My Parents and Steven and Deanna were able to be there as well – it was icing on the cake being able to see them. We then drove to Snowbird and rode the tram to the top of the mountain, I was reminded how much I miss the mountains. We did a little hiking and then rode the chairlift down. The weather up in the mountains was perfect. Finally, to conclude the day we went to the Hale Theater to watch a presentation of “Big”. We were on the front row and I never realized how much spitting goes on while acting::)
Sunday morning we attended “Music and the Spoken Word”. It was another amazing experience to listen to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir perform in the conference center. After the broadcast, we walked around temple square for a few minutes then headed back to the hotel to pack up.
After ten years of marriage we look back and realize we’ve had some incredible experiences together. We’ve been blessed with a great family and I look forward to making many more memories in the future.
12 comments:
Love the BYU hat at the "U" scrimmage. Glad to know the loyalties are still in line...
-Tom
Great pictures you guys. Happy Anniversary, hopefully, Rob you guys talked about your next 10 year plan.
Tonya, it was great talking with you, I've missed that! Hang in there.
We ate at that restaraunt in the middle of winter late at night only to find out that we locked the keys in the car. Someone had to drive all the way up the canyon and pick us up. It was definitely pretty though.
Congrats!!
Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you guys got to see each other. You vacation would have been better only if you had seen someone driving down the freeway with a person in the trunk :)
(See Tonya, we still have our inside jokes.)
Oops, meant to say "your vacation"
So how come the Spoken Word was at the conference center? 10 years! And how many homes? You two are great!
What a great trip. happy Anny. We had our 10 year in 08 also. Hope all is well!
WOW 10 years it flies by! You guys are so cute! Miss Ya!
I love the pictures. Love mom
Looks like you guys had fun!!! It was fun watching Robbie. I can't believe that it has been ten years!!!
Love Ang
Great pictures, looks like a wonderful vacatioN! Congradulations on 10 years:) Love you,
steven and Deanna
Congratulations on 10!!! That's pretty impressive.
Your little family is so adorable. Tonya, you are a beautiful as ever.
Post a Comment