Sunday, July 13, 2008

Time to Update: Fun times at Bear Lake

It is time to update the Shallenberger blog. It is hard to believe we were in Arizona just a month and a half ago. In those couple of months, a lot has happened in our lives.

For right now, we are enjoying time with our families. Living out of a suitcase is hard, but we cannot complain. The kids are having a lot of fun and our summer seems to be flying by. The weather here in Bear Lake is wonderful. We have not suffered from heat yet. In fact, the evenings and nights are quite cool. Quite perfect!

These pictures are of the kids at Bear Lake. It was actually too cold. The wind was blowing and by the end, the kids were ready to go because they were freezing. The wind also took off with our umbrella. It was a funny sight to watch. Since then, we have been back, and it has been much warmer and more enjoyable.


Lana Rose in her cute swimsuit. I believe that Sara Stevenson gave this to her. It fits perfectly. Lana will be 11 months the end of this month. She finally got her first tooth. I was wandering if she was going be all gums on her first birthday. Oh well, you don't need teeth to eat a chocolate cake, right?
Bella Sue loves the water as long as no one splashes on her. She is much more outgoing this year than last year. Last year in Florida, she was content to stay on the beach the whole time. Now, she runs for the water and loves to get wet.
Bella Sue and her cousin, Tiffany.
Bella and Robbie love their cousins. They entertain each other all day long.


Robbie is the one in the middle, if you couldn't tell by the red hair. Robbie is managing life well. He misses his Daddy. I have had to wrestle with him more. He is such a social boy. He is most content when he has friends to play with.
The lake looks gray right now because it was cloudy, but it's the bluest lake I have ever seen.



4 comments:

Tanner Fam said...

Nice to see the kids smiling and so happy. You are all missed.

Jaime said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! It was great to see you on the 4th! One of these years, hopefully you'll live closer! :)

Brooke said...

Awesome! We managed a trip to the lake during the 4th of July weekend. It was lovely! I'm sad we missed each other. Were you at the parade?

How much longer are you going to be around these western parts?

Rob and Tonya Shallenberger said...

I was in Provo for the 4th..Next blog entry...

I'll be here until the end of Aug. I'll be heading to Orem a week from this Friday to be with Rob for a couple of days.

I would love to meet sometime. Is there a good central location?