Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Arrival of Clara Mae

Clara Mae was born June 16th @ 6:00 a.m. She is so beautiful, and we love her so much. She is a week old, and I want the time to stop so I can enjoy this stage. There is nothing like a newborn. Knowing she was so close to our Heavenly Father just a short time ago, helps me feel His love and the veil seems so thin. Now, she enters into this world of ups and downs, but I'm grateful we have her and can teach her how to get back to our loving Heavenly Father.

This is a picture of Clara Mae in the hospital. We were able to bond for 4 days and that was the best part!



The kids are doing great! The older ones are really big helpers, and we deal with Lana! :)

She loves to be rocked, sang to, and of course she loves to eat and sleep. Sleeping at nights are getting better. She was really turned around with days and nights, but she is doing much better. It's hard to express love and appreciation, but I am so grateful to have Clara Mae part of my life.

7 comments:

Erin said...

Congratulations! She is such a pretty baby! I hope you are getting some sleep and starting to feel better, Tonya. I'm so happy for your family.

Unknown said...

I usually hate the newborn stage, but what you said about them just coming from heaven made me take another look at that time. (Not that I want to have another!) Congratulations. She's a cutie!

Ammanda said...

Congratulations!!! (and I get the "we deal with Lana" - we still "deal" with Madeline.) :) Oh- and I love the name you picked for her.

Tanner Fam said...

She is such a little dolly. Such a beautiful piece of heaven in your home. And yes, she's entered a world of ups and downs, but with you as her parents and the family she was blessed to be born into...she will thrive and be a huge blessing to this world. Congrats. Love ya.
PS...If Rob sends me a ticket...I will come take care of you and the kids. :)

Jamece said...

Another adorable addition to your family! Glad she is here and you are all doing well. New little babies are truly a miracle! Enjoy her and your other cuties, they grow up way too fast!

Weatherspoon Family said...

Congratulations! She is adorable!!

Jess said...

Tonya, Congrats on beautiful baby Clara! She is just perfect! Okay about the probiotics...You can take them and it will get to her through your milk, or you can get the infant kind. I give Jacob the infant kind. It comes in a powder and I give him a 1/2 teaspoon of it mixed into breastmilk everyday. I didn't really see a difference until he was on it about 4 days. Ever since he's been a new baby. Remember, you have to refridgerate the probiotics. If you don't all the live organisms in it will die and be ineffective. Let me know if you have anymore questions. Hope this helps!