Thursday, February 11, 2010

Pinewood Derby


His car the "Tornado." He came up with the paint design and name.



Lana enjoying the races. Keeping her off the track was my job.


Robbie participated in his very first pinewood derby. Rob was just as excited as Robbie. They enjoyed this time together. I was a bit nervous because I have been to enough races, to I know there is always one car that does not perform well. I always feel so bad for the boy and parent. :) Well, it was a great night for us and Robbie had a blast. He told Rob that night, "Dad, I'm glad I had this opportunity." We were also very proud of his sportsmanship, and he told his competitors each race, "good race." He also received his Bobcat award and enjoyed being held up by his feet. We are just in the beginnings of this whole scouting ordeal, but so far we are all enjoying it.

3 comments:

Ammanda said...

Love how you call it a "scouting ordeal" - so much for preparing young boys to become leaders and good citizens and all that... :) You're next calling will be den leader - you know that right? ;)

Cece said...

I just love the Shallenbergers! Y'all look great! And are you pregnant? I saw the comments on the other post...Congrats Tonya! Just LOVE the new Blog picture too. Miss you all and glad to see how well you're doing :-)

Tanner Fam said...

LOVE your new layout.
Ummm...shouldn't you be calling me soon?