I had the opportunity to taxi in the T-38. While we lived in South Carolina, I was able to taxi in the F-16. I was thrilled to get another chance. Although this wasn't the F-16, it was nearly the same and went just as fast. Of course, Rob was the pilot and was very generous to let me attempt to taxi down the runway (just briefly). I also made a few radio calls. I can see now why Rob is hard of hearing. It was quite loud, even with earplugs and the helmet. We went 100 plus mph in about 3 seconds. We were not allowed to take off which I would have loved to experience. Rob said that 2 more seconds and we would have been in the air. WOW!
Favorite Video and Website Links
Friday, December 5, 2008
My Taxi Ride
I had the opportunity to taxi in the T-38. While we lived in South Carolina, I was able to taxi in the F-16. I was thrilled to get another chance. Although this wasn't the F-16, it was nearly the same and went just as fast. Of course, Rob was the pilot and was very generous to let me attempt to taxi down the runway (just briefly). I also made a few radio calls. I can see now why Rob is hard of hearing. It was quite loud, even with earplugs and the helmet. We went 100 plus mph in about 3 seconds. We were not allowed to take off which I would have loved to experience. Rob said that 2 more seconds and we would have been in the air. WOW!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That is so awesome that you got to do that...to bad you couldn't fly. I still remember when I was prego with Breanna and Rob took D and I up in a cessna. It was super fun, but also made me so sick.
Your pics were cute!!
COOL!!! That sounds awesome! Even better if you got to fly!
I always knew you were a dare devil. What a neat experience! Rob must be the coolest dad in town with a job like his. What adventures!!
You look SMOKIN'!! How did Rob feel about seeing his woman in uniform?
That is so awesome! Glad you were able to at least taxi... but at that speed I think there should be another name. jan
Hey guys!
We are sending out our Christmas cards and wanted to send one your way. We still have your AZ address, but know that you are in OK. Sure miss you guys! Hope your having a great Christmas.
The Ences
Post a Comment