Sunday, June 22, 2008

Catching up on the past few weeks


It's been awhile since we've written. Tonya has the camera, so these are the few pictures I have on the computer of the past three weeks. She'll be adding some pictures in the near future.

The past three weeks seems like a whirlwind as we've been trying to get everything finished with our move. About three weeks ago we flew to Utah and spent a few days with my family in Orem. While in Orem we had the opportunity to spend time with the family (in Orem and Canyon Meadows), mountain bike at Sundance, and enjoy the cool weather. We then traveled to Bear Lake to spend a few days with Tonya's family. While in Bear Lake we had a BBQ, fenced, and enjoyed a nice Sunday together. We were also able to drive up to Gray's Lake (southern Idaho) for a day and spend some time with my Grandpa.

Tonya stayed in Bear Lake with the kids while I flew back to Phoenix to tie up some loose strings and final out-process from Luke AFB. A couple of days ago my Dad, Brother, and I started the journey across the southwest as we drove our two cars from Phoenix to San Antonio. We arrived in San Antonio this morning and they both jumped on a flight to return to Utah.

Tonya and I made an offer on a home in Enid, OK - so this morning I flew up to Oklahoma after only being in San Antonio for a couple of hours. I'll meet with the home owners and the bank tomorrow morning. We actually feel very blessed. After searching for a certain type of home for several months, this one finally showed up and we got it for a great price. I'll fly back to San Antonio tomorrow afternoon and start my T-38 training on Tuesday. Tonya is able to stay with our family in Bear Lake and Orem for the next couple of weeks until I fly back to Utah for the 4th of July. She'll be in Utah until late August, then she'll fly out to San Antonio and we'll spend the final 1 1/2 months together - then we drive to Oklahoma where we'll finally be able to settle down! I'll try and find some pictures of the home we're purchasing in Oklahoma

We hope you're doing well. Have a great day!

Rob

My Grandpa (Humphery's) with Robbie and Bella.







Robbie helping my Grandpa unload about 150 head of cattle.







These are some of the mountain bike trails at Sundance.




















My Brothers and Sister in front of Orem High School (it's being torn down this year)
Myself, Mom, and Dad on a 4-wheeler ride.
In the background is our property in Canyon Meadows - the sunset was awesome!

5 comments:

Tanner Fam said...

It's crazy seeing you in jackets! Do you all feel like vagabonds yet, traveling from place to place? I can't wait to see pictures of your home. By the way, no weeds yet at your home here. In fact, I think they've added some touches to the place. Nothing distateful. I wonder how they'll feel when a tumbleweed snowman shows up at xmas time.

Shelly said...

Sounds like good times! Moving is always a crazy thing.
Tell Tonya that I and my son will be visiting my mom in BL the first two weeks of August. I'd love to see her if she will be there!

Nicole said...

Oh you are so lucky to have moved before the HEAT came. It looks so nice in Utah! I was sad when I sent out the mass email to the R.S. and you email came back as not be able to deliver.

Rachel and Gavin said...

Oh wow, looks so BEAUTIFUL. I think I'm ready for a vacation to some cooler weather! Sounds like you've all been very busy, I'm glad you found a home, can't wait to see pics.

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

Hey remember Bear Lake is my home town area too!!! Did you eat all the raspberries for me?