My squadron flew to Oahu to do some Air to Air training with the Hawaii ANG (F-15's). The pictures from the trip are shown on the slideshow below this posting - click on "view all images" and it will open to allow viewing of each individual picture. Each picture has a description of what it is.
We arrived on Saturday afternoon and had dinner later that evening on the beach. The next day the Flight Doctor and I went to church, it was great being amongst the people of Hawaii. On Monday we toured the island, snorkeled in Haunama Bay, and went to the Pali lookout. Tuesday I flew in the morning, but had to land after about 10 minutes due to an in-flight emergency. Later in the day we rented some mountain bikes and rode along the west side of the island - it was absolutely amazing! Wed was another flight in the afternoon followed by a good dinner in downtown Waikiki. Thursday I flew an incentive flight and we did an "island tour" in the F-16. Friday morning was our last flight. After the flight several of us pilots chartered a boat and went on a two tank scuba diving trip - there's nothing like being weightless under water. Saturday was the final day. We started the day by attending the 6:00 a.m. session at the Temple. We then went boogie boarding, surfing, and drove around the island (buying some fresh pineapple and mango along the way).
I returned home last night - it's great to be with family again. Tonya and the family were all healthy the entire week, so that's always an added blessing. There's our trip in a nutshell. Have a great week!
Rob
Favorite Video and Website Links
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ah man! I LOVE Hawaii! You got some great photos and I'm pretty sure Josh would be jealous of the scuba-ing! It's one thing we haven't done in Hawaii...Tonya's a good wife to stay home with the kids while you bask in the sun and fun!! Miss ya!
Hawaii is paradise! Sounds like a great trip!
Not Jealous!
Post a Comment