Friday, March 28, 2008

Family update...
















Well, we've had an incredible three years in Phoenix, AZ. Our next assignment with the Air Force will be in Oklahoma. We lived in Oklahoma in 2000 and really enjoyed it. We're excited and look forward to the adventure. I'll be a T-38C (shown in the pictures) Instructor Pilot for another three years. We leave Arizona in early Summer and I'll be in San Antonio for a little over three months for some training in the T-38. Tonya will spend some time in Utah and Idaho with family. Her and the kids will join me in San Antonio for the last month and a half. We should be getting settled in Oklahoma by October.

We're certainly going to miss the great friendships we've been able to develop during the past three years! These will be friendships that'll last a lifetime.

The next couple of months will be busy. Our family is flying to California for a Shallenberger reunion, then to Oregon to attend my Brother's graduation from Law School. We look forward to some great memories with the family.

Those are the plans for the next few months. Have a great day!

Rob

5 comments:

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

Good luck on the move. We just visited Steve's sister there in OKC. Our bro. in law used to fly for the AF now he works for the FAA there. There are some awesome deals on some beautiful homes there!

Shelly said...

Wow! Time flies by quickly! Glad you are able to go somewhere you know you already like. Congratulations!

Josh and Leslie said...

Hola Shallenbergs..and welcome to the blogging world! I keep thinking that somebody in your family had to start one someday!! So it seems will be seeing you this summer for your brother's graduation??? We would love it if you would stay or come see us!! I miss my Tonya and need to see her babies...I was in Logan this past weekend and whenever I drove by good ol' Continental I have to reminisce about all our good times we had there....that is before Rob showed up!! Just teasing...you know I love you Rob!! Congrats on baby #3...they are growing up way too fast!! Love you guys...Les

Jan Kate Brower Arnell said...

Welcome aboard... and now that we're already addicted... you must post often! We're counting on it! brent/jan

Jonathan Elza said...

Rob - congrats on the new assignment. I'm sure you guys will love it. We have loved our time here teaching 38's and have taken a few trips to the big city of Enid to see friends. BTW nice pic of a Laughlin 38!
Salty